University Foundation Courses
- The fastest route to a British university for most international students.
- Guaranteed progression on successful completion for most foundation courses.
- The best option for students who want to study subjects like Art, Business, Computing, Engineering, Law, Humanities and Social Sciences. For Medicine, Dentistry or Veterinary Medicine see a level pathways instead.
- Ideal for students with an English level below IELTS 5.5.
- A low cost route compared to the alternatives.
International Foundation Programme
Foundation courses for international students provide an entry route into many of the undergraduate courses at UK Universities. A foundation course is the first step on the way to successfully obtaining your degree.
Most high school qualifications from outside the UK are not accepted by UK universities. This is because many international students only study up to year 11 and the curriculum is often very different to that taught in UK schools.
international students can qualify for entry by studying a University Foundation Course first. Course take less than one year to complete. On successful completion, most university foundation courses guarantee progression to selected degrees.
Once you complete the programme and achieve the required grades, you can enter the first year of your chosen undergraduate degree at the University.
The international foundation year will give you all the preparation required to succeed at the University. This includes English language tuition, study skills and an introduction to your degree programme.
Student will study core modules common to each route, plus subject-specific modules. These have been carefully designed to focus on the academic areas most useful to student chosen degree.
The programme includes academic subjects, study skills and English language preparation. It has been developed for international students and designed specifically to provide you with the skills and knowledge to succeed on your degree.